Brazilian Wax, Body Waxing, Threading in Las Vegas
What is Body Waxing?
Body waxing is a form of depilation, or the removal of hair by the root. Why do we want to do this? If we remove the hair by the root then we have beautiful, smooth, silky, hairless skin for a longer period of time, up to 4—6 weeks!! A form of wax either hard or soft(usually determined by your aesthetician) is spread on the skin with a wooden applicator. It is then quickly peeled off the skin to leave a hairless area.
To Shave, or Not To Shave?
That’s a Good Question!
The main difference between waxing & shaving is that shaving only removes the hair from the surface. Below the surface is another 1/4 to 1/2 inch of mature hair. To complicate matters, every time you cut your hair it goes through a growth spurt. Our hair has cell memory, it knows how long it should be. For instance, if you never shaved the hair on your legs, how long would it grow? Only 2-3 inches max! But the hair on our heads and men’s faces will grow to an undetermined length. We cut it, it grows, we cut it again, it grows faster.. and faster.. and faster!!! Oh Lord! Shaving also comes with some unappealing side effects, like razor burn, ingrown hairs and don’t even mention the itching!!
Does Waxing Hurt?
I’m not going to say it doesn’t hurt, after all we are pulling your hair out. But we need to remember that everyone is different and we all have different reactions to the same experience.
Before Your Waxing Appointment:
There are a few things you can do before your appointment to help lessen the discomfort. One is to avoid caffeine. Caffeine is a skin stimulant. It gets your nerves up and dancing and ready to feel EVERYTHING!! . Instead drink lots of water…water hydrates the hair and the skin.
After Your Waxing Appointment:
After waxing you’ll want to avoid anything that can cause further skin irritation, like sunbathing, tanning and extreme temperatures like hot tubs or even ice packs. But showering is fine as long as the temperature is not too hot. But not to worry, once any irritation is gone, you can resume all activities!
What is a Brazilian Wax?
A Brazilian wax is similar to a Bikini or Hollywood wax, only it removes more hair. A Brazilian wax removes almost all pubic hair.
The Brazilian Wax Process at Saffron Day Spa in Las Vegas
A Brazilian wax basically consists of five steps, depending on the esthetician and the location where it’s given.
Steps to a Las Vegas Brazilian Wax:
- Normally, the client removes his or her clothing from the waist down. A small towel or paper underwear may be provided upon request.
- The esthetician will then check to ensure the hair is between ¼ inch and ½ inch long.
- Next, either talc, baby powder, or a thin coat of oil is applied, especially in areas with thin skin.
- The wax: Next, one of three common waxes is applied with an applicator similar to a tongue depressor. Then a white strip of something resembling thick paper is rubbed onto the wax. The esthetician will quickly rip the strip off while holding the skin above that area. Then firm pressure will be applied to the area for a few seconds to reduce the discomfort. This step is repeated several times, usually starting at the front and moving towards the buttocks.
- Finale: Oil is applied to remove any remaining wax. Some estheticians may use a magnifier with a light to look for any stray hairs, which she’ll remove with tweezers.
Click here to request an appointment
|Ladies Arms||$50 & Up|
|Bikini (Trim is Extra)||$30 & Up|
|Brazilian (Trim Xtra,Female Only)||$65|
|Legs||$50 – Lower|
$90 – Full
|Men’s Back / Men’s Chest||$65 / $65|
We also offer full body waxing. Prices are $325 and up depending on specific areas etc.
What is our Threading Procedure?
By using a piece of thread, hair can be removed swiftly yet meticulously from the most delicate areas of the face. Facial threading is the nice alternative for sensitive skin. Threading is by far the least invasive method of facial hair removal, leaving the skin clean and smooth.
|Full Face Threading||$30|
Click here to request an appointment